What Is Narcissism
Her practice works to educate you on narcissism and what/who you are actually dealing with; Narcissism is categorized as a personality disorder by the mental health profession and is referred to as NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but it is FAR bigger than what is stated clinically in the DSM-V and few people are diagnosed because few people go to therapy.
Behaviors Of A Narcissist
Narcissism is not high self-esteem, but a condition where the typical narcissist suffers from:
- Overestimation of importance, achievements, talents and skills (line cutter/superior thinking).
- In need of a constant supply of attention (good or bad).
- Whirlwind love-bombing manipulation phase filled with future-faking promises.
- Circular crazy-making conversations.
- Liar/con man/fraud.
- Controlling (insulates friends and family).
- Addict (Sex, Money, Video Games, Gambling, Food, Drugs, Alcohol).
- No empathy (will not do well with death or sickness).
- Cheater (will discard).
- Smear Campaign (will mirror your story and claim victimization).
Living With A Narcissist
- You are not to blame.
- Narcissists ensnare everyone.
- Learning how to leave is important (have a safety bag in your car or at your friend’s home with a change of clothing and toiletries).
- Rebuilding a life takes courage but you can do it.
- There are plenty of people to help you, but it may not be your family or friends.
- Information can be your ally to learn you are not alone; GET EDUCATED ON NARCISSISM.
- It will take time to heal.
- Practice self-love/self-care.
Let’s get started!Fill out the form below to get started
You need support after being exposed to a narcissist and Vanessa and her team are pros when it comes to working with clients that have experienced any type of trauma or domestic violence; especially narcissistic abuse.