What Is Narcissism
Her practice works to educate you on narcissism and what/who you are actually dealing with; Narcissism is categorized as a personality disorder by the mental health profession and is referred to as NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but it is FAR bigger than what is stated clinically in the DSM-V and few people are diagnosed because few people go to therapy.
Behaviors Of A Narcissist
Narcissism is not high self-esteem, but a condition where the typical narcissist suffers from:
- Overestimation of importance, achievements, talents and skills (line cutter/superior thinking).
- In need of a constant supply of attention (good or bad).
- Whirlwind love-bombing manipulation phase filled with future-faking promises.
- Circular crazy-making conversations.
- Liar/con man/fraud.
- Controlling (insulates friends and family).
- Addict (Sex, Money, Video Games, Gambling, Food, Drugs, Alcohol).
- No empathy (will not do well with death or sickness).
- Cheater (will discard).
- Smear Campaign (will mirror your story and claim victimization).
This is the trauma bond and the cognitive dissonance that is caused is confusing for the smartest of people. When they show any attention (the drug) towards you this makes it harder for you to break the cycle. They cannot be the one that makes it better for you, you need to do this for yourself. Their attention might temporarily make you feel better, but in the long run it causes more pain (withdrawal). They will not change and the victim must practice self-care and DETACH with NO CONTACT.
Living With A Narcissist
- You are not to blame.
- Narcissists ensnare everyone.
- Learning how to leave is important (have a safety bag in your car or at your friend’s home with a change of clothing and toiletries).
- Rebuilding a life takes courage but you can do it.
- There are plenty of people to help you, but it may not be your family or friends.
- Information can be your ally to learn you are not alone; GET EDUCATED ON NARCISSISM.
- It will take time to heal.
- Practice self-love/self-care.
Let’s get started!Fill out the form below to get started
You need support after being exposed to a narcissist and Vanessa and her team are pros when it comes to working with clients that have experienced any type of trauma or domestic violence; especially narcissistic abuse.